Sunday, January 3, 2010

Why Jenny Aguilar is fasting for our families:










Why Jenny Aguilar is fasting for our families:

I am from Honduras and have lived in the US for 18 years. This country has given me an opportunity to work and reach my goals. I began working as a truck driver and started my own trucking company. I was able to build a life for myself and my three children, who were born in this country. But what one has built over many years of sacrifice and hard work can disappear in a moment. This is what happened to me because of Immigration. I was deported to Honduras in 2005 when my husband, with whom I was getting divorced, called the authorities. I had to come back, because my children were here, and I am the only one supporting them. So I returned, walking through the desert. In September of this year, after I made a domestic violence report to the police about my husband, ICE came to my house. They put me on an electronic bracelet to monitor me; I have to report weekly, and am facing possible deportation. I am fasting because of all the injustice and damage to families that Immigration is causing. I want to be free and have a different life for my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment